Thursday, April 21, 2016

We Lost the 9th Wonder of The World



After yesterday’s post I was deeply shocked that the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning was one of my colleagues asking me if I was going to come into work today following the news of Chyna’s death. I quickly checked her Instagram, which I mildly stalk, and was devastated that she had indeed passed. At this point they are not sure what happened and I will not speculate. I only hope that she died peacefully and knew on some level that she was loved by many. I also did go into work by the way. 

I think the one word that sums up my feelings on Chyna’s death is anger. She deserved so much more recognition than she got from the WWE for everything she contributed. I am glad that Stephanie McMahon tweeted about her death and called her a pioneer. Chyna spent so much of her life in recent years trying to mend fences with the WWE, be acknowledged by them and inducted into the Hall of Fame. It seems bitter sweet that they are only now acknowledging her contributions and star power. I hope that they induct her into the Hall of Fame in 2017. I feel like I may riot otherwise.

Chyna pictured below with her Women's Championship belt and below that she is pictured with the WWE IC Championship. She was the first, and so far the only,  woman to ever hold that belt.


What Culture has done a fantastic job paying tribute to her and her career today and I will include the link to their video Thank You Chyna because they say it all so perfectly. I am so beyond blessed that I was able to meet her when I did. Chyna had an incredible influence on my life and dazzled me with how strong women could be. There will never be another Chyna. #ChynaHallofFame2017







No comments:

Post a Comment